Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sufing safari

Side effects fucking suck.

I'm so sick of surfing side effects. I think that's why I was so resistant to Dr. R.'s plan to put me on an antidepressant. Of course I'm wary of polypharmacology; I just don't want to put more chemicals in my body than I have to. But I'm so tired of surfing side effects.

My trip with my family wasn't ruined by the side effects, but it was affected. I was sleepy, easily tired, occasionally woozy and shaky. I'm also cranky and unmotivated of late, although that's just as likely to be work-related as anything else.

I know I'm whining here, but I think it's so unfair that I can't live life like everyone else, more-or-less chemical free. Every time I down a big handful of pills in the morning, it reminds me that I'm 17 milligrams and the grace of God away from the full-on crazazy.

At what point do I get to feel normal?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Good luck with the cocktail, though I'd be careful about taking an SSRI with anything in the Bipolar spectrum, usually SSRI's make things a lot more crappy and unsteady if you have Bipolar.

Don't know when you get to feel normal, but if you get there and it's nice, could you send me a postcard?